East Moline Training Officer
The East Moline Fire Department uses a Training Model that has
Four Pillars resting upon a foundation of Safety:
Each of these pillars works together, along with a foundation of Safe Practices & Procedures, to provide the Citizens of East Moline professional community oriented emergency response services.
- Safety must become a constant state of mind.
- Safe practices must become "Reflex" in nature.
- EMFD Safe Practices are communicated through:
- East Moline Fire Department SOGs;
- City of East Moline Policies and Procedures;
- National Incident Management System - ICS;
- Training delivered annually, or for a specific event; and
- Officer and Peer influences.
- Annual Safety Training includes:
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Training
- OSHA Respiratory Protection Training
- Emergency Vehicle Operator Training
· Hose, Appliance, Fire Stream:
· Auto Extrication:
· Hazardous Materials:
· Confined Space:
· Rapid Intervention Teams:
Pillar 1 - Fire Safety Training
Pillar 2 - EMS
Pillar 3 - Special Operations Training
Pillar 4 - Career Development
Return to the Fire Department's Main Page