Recycling is provided by Republic Services. View recycling schedule (PDF). Please call 309-752-1530 if you would like to add recycling service to your home for an additional fee of $3.65/month. Recycling carts are provided free of charge.
Residents are encouraged to reduce their waste by taking advantage of the recycling program. Recycling does not need to be separated. All approved recyclables can be mixed together. Please rinse all cans and bottles and flatten all boxes. Below is a list of acceptable recycle items:
- News Magazines, Telephone Books, & Office Paper
- Cardboard, Boxboard & Chipboard
- Milk & Juice Cartons
- Soda & Beer Carrying Cases
- Plastic Containers #1-#7
- HDPE & LDPE Plastics
- Aluminum & Aluminum Cans & Foil
- Bi-Metals Materials
- Clear, Green, and Brown Glass Bottles and Jars
- Tin & Steel Cans Including Empty Aerosol Cans
Public Drop Site
The free public drop site is at the Engineering and Maintenance Facility located at 1200 13th Avenue in East Moline. The hours are from 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. 7 days a week. Acceptable items are paper, plastic (numbered 1 through 7) and aluminum cans.
- Free curbside collection of residential white goods (refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, air conditioners etc.) and tires call 877-934-5378.
- Free drop-off disposal of residential hazardous material (paint, fertilizer, weed killer, cleaners, degreasers, etc.) call 563-381-1300 for directions and to schedule a drop-off time. This service is for residents only, no businesses or industry.
- Flyer with e-waste disposal information. Free drop-off disposal of e-waste (computers, monitors, keyboards, televisions, etc.) is located at 1048 E. 59th Street in Davenport. Their hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. This service is for residents only, no businesses or industry. Must have a valid drivers license with current address. Directions:
- West on I-74 to 53rd Street Davenport, turn west (left) on 53rd to Tremont, turn north (right) on Tremont, go to E. 59th Street and turn right, take first driveway on left (Electronic Demanufacturing Facility). Call 563-386-9575 for further information.
For rechargeable battery recycling information, please call 563-386-9575.
Donate your old vehicle for Make-A-Wish
Wheels For Wishes is a car donation program benefiting Make-A-Wish Illinois. Wheels for Wishes is a free and easy way to recycle or donate unwanted cars, trucks, motorcycles, SUVs, RVs, or even boats, by turning them into a wish for a local child. We pick-up or tow away cars free of charge, anywhere in Illinois, whether they run or not. Vehicles are either recycled or auctioned off and 100% of the net proceeds benefit Make-A-Wish Illinois. Since we are a tax-exempt charity under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code, you also receive the maximum possible tax deduction for your charity vehicle donation. For more information visit Wheels for Wishes .