Foreign Fire Insurance Board
- 8:30 a.m.
- The 4th Tuesday of every month
- East Moline Fire Department
1523 Morton Drive
Station #22 Training Room
East Moline, IL 61244
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
|Justin Bergen, President||Ben Frerichs, Treasurer|
|Adam Ladgenski, Vice President||Nickolas Young, Trustee|
|Joe DeBlieck, Secretary||Evan Roberts, Trustee|
Illinois Compiled Statue states that a company, corporation, or association outside of Illinois that sells fire insurance to property owners in the City of East Moline must pay 2% of the gross receipts to the Illinois Municipal
League, which then distributes the funds to the Foreign Fire Insurance Board of East Moline.
The board shall consist of 7 trustees; the Fire Chief, who shall hold office by virtue of rank, and 6 members elected at large by sworn members of the department. The members of this board shall annually elect officers. At minimum these officers shall be a Chairman and a Treasurer.
As part of the annual municipal audit, these funds shall be audited to verify that the funds have been expended by that board only for maintenance, use, and benefit of the department.
The East Moline Foreign Fire Insurance Board is authorized to expend funds for the following purposes:
- Bonding premiums for the board and its officers
- Compensation for auditing expenses
- Educational equipment for the department
- Furniture and appliances for the fire department
- Health and physical fitness devices, education, or screenings for the department
- Safety equipment for the department